Leicester Dog Grooming Courses
Bernie Clarke is passionate about training and qualifications in addition raising public awareness for appropriately trained staff and tomorrow's groomers. She is committed to professional development and cares about standards and quality of care for both student and animal welfare.
She is qualified to teach and highly qualified in the grooming industry. Unfortunately the grooming industry is not regulated and there are many groomers who claim to teach and are unqualified not only to teach but are unqualified themselves. This leaves the industry in some areas open to sub-standard training, safety and animal welfare.
The aims here at Leicester Dog Grooming Courses is to have input into achieving success for you the student by giving thorough knowledge of dog grooming by promoting a professional and kind approach in a fun but relaxed environment. All training is to City & Guilds and IPG level and standards. Not only do we offer dog grooming courses, we also offer dog grooming in Leicester.
It will also further the advancement for future qualification of the City & Guild Level 3 and IPG or setting up your own grooming business or employment.
There is free backup after the course and should you wish to gain extra experience on particular breeds then come to the Leicester Dog Grooming Courses seminars on the last Saturday of every month (booking required) and it is also encouraged for students to go to others on offer too.
Our team is headed by founder Bernie Clarke and two grooming staff which are currently going through their IPG qualification as well as attending seminars and training days. We pride ourselves on kind, gentle handling of our customers dogs with a no crate system and high standards of excellence in grooming care. Not only do we cover Leicester, but also cover Birmingham, Derby, Northampton and Nottingham
Bernie's membership with the International Pet Groomer (IPG) has progressed her to almost completion of the prestigious qualification, the International Certification of Master Groomers (ICMG) and hopes to bring it to her students in 2016.
(There are currently only 12 ICMG in the UK! (2015)Bernie's Qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 (7763~02) Dog Grooming Assistant
- City & Guilds Level 3 (7763~03) Introductory In Dog Grooming
- BDGA Professional Stylist Qualifications (Spaniel, Schnauzer & Scottish Terrier
- BDGA Higher Diploma Written paper
- TAQA Level 3 Assessor Qualification
- PTLLS Level 3 Teaching Qualification
- SDC and IPG International Qualification
Why Choose Us?
- Passionate staff – the proprietor and the staff at the dog groomers course are not only experienced but also very passionate people who love dogs. We are committed to growing the professional capacity of dog groomers and raise the standards of care to our canine friends.
- Qualified private dog grooming course - the dog grooming field is not well regulated and there are plenty of dog groomers who claim to be able to teach grooming but don’t have the capacity. We are the only private dog grooming course service that is qualified and accredited by the IPG, City and Guilds and other organisations. Our courses and papers are recognised by these and other licensing bodies.
- Free back up – we know that while training is essential, going out on your own can be full of uncertainties. That is why we offer all our students free back up after they are done with our course to help you gain experience and confidence.
- Speciality courses – we have a variety of courses designed to improve certain aspects of dog grooming as our students might prefer. We also have different courses for specific breeds which are available to students who would like to gain extra experience in certain breeds.